M&A / Private Equity / Venture Capital
DS Law provides support for Russian and cross-border M&A projects of any complexity. The amount of investments under Private Equity, Venture Capital and M&A projects supported by our team have exceeded USD 1 billion.
The advantage of our practice is our unique expertise in the area of investment support for innovative projects, in particular, for IT and Internet businesses (e-commerce), marketing and advertising, as well as projects in retail (in particular, DIY stores) and heavy industry.
- Deal structuring, restructuring, asset due diligence
- M&A support at all stages (drafting transaction documents, supporting the client at negotiations, signing and closing deals), advising on tax and anti-trust matters
- Drafting legal opinions on specific legal issues of prospective or closed deals
Corporate Law / Restructuring
DS Law provides integrated legal support with respect to strategic issues of business, from establishing legal entities to restructuring companies, offering the full range of corresponding services.
- The foundation, reorganization and liquidation of legal entities, drafting shareholders agreements
- Due diligence of legal entities and their assets, advising on corporate governance issues and providing support within company restructuring
- Assisting within the foundation of, and providing support during day-to-day operations of joint ventures (including in foreign jurisdictions)
- Developing and implementing compliance programs, risk management mechanisms and contributing to increasing business efficiency
- Functioning as a corporate secretary
- Corporate dispute settlement
Taxes and tax litigation is one of DS Law’s leading practices. Our lawyers know all the nuances of Russian tax law and the practical implementation of it. They have many years of experience of providing successful advice, and the use all modern technologies to ensure tax security for companies
- Tax due diligence, tax structuring, tax advice
- Identifying and implementing tax reserves
- Resolution of tax disputes out of court and in court
- Support in obtaining written authorizations from the RF Ministry of Finance
DS Law’s dispute resolution practice has a strong team of lawyers and attorneys-at-law with broad experience of handling cases in Russian courts and international arbitration institutions. We have resolved over 1,000 court disputes. Lawyers of the practice represent clients in state commercial courts, arbitral tribunals or courts of general jurisdiction at all stages of proceedings.
- Expert examinations of documents
- Pre-trial dispute resolution
- Representing clients in court
- Enforcement proceedings
- Attorney requests and investigations
DS Law’s legal team provides the full range of services in real estate and construction, as well as support for projects and deals of any scale in Russia and abroad.
- Comprehensive legal support for investment projects in real estate and construction, establishing relations for the participants in investment projects, including offshore jurisdictions; protecting the interests of investors, structuring closed-end collective investment funds
- Supporting real estate deals, due diligence of real estate facilities, including land for construction
- Developing rent policy for office and retail real estate, preparing and negotiating contracts with tenants
- Representing clients in their interaction with counterparties, third parties and before government bodies in real estate and construction matters and resolving disputes in and out of court in real estate and construction
The intellectual property practice at DS Law has worked with hundreds of registered patents and trademarks. Our lawyers can implement projects of any scale and complexity for clients from different branches of the economy and can also provide support for innovative companies and startups.
- Patent searches and trademark searches, supporting the registration procedure for intellectual property (both Russian and international), complex legal expert examinations (due diligence) of intellectual property rights
- Drafting license agreements, contracts to transfer exclusive rights, and franchise contracts, preparing documents and providing support for domain name registration
- Representing clients in courts in intellectual property disputes, advising on matters of advertising and communication with the mass media
- Protecting intellectual property and communicating with law enforcement bodies during cases of counterfeiting
PPP/ Public procurement
The public-private partnership (PPP) practice supports projects based on the integration of private and public investment and risk distribution of investments in items of public interest and control (primarily infrastructure and socially significant items).
- General advice on PPP issues and issues arising in specific projects
- Developing a participatory model in competitive procedures
- Drafting documents needed to create a consortium of participants
- Assistance in preparing a pre-qualification bid and a tender offer
- Participating in consultations with the government partner at all stages of the competition
- Developing a PPP agreement model or a concession agreement
- Advising on different matters during the process of implementing the participation agreement
DS law’s specialists of the antitrust practice provide legal assistance and support for large transactions, including drafting distribution agreements, developing pricing methods, advising on the implementation of bonus programs and tender procedures, developing and implementing an effective advertising strategy, and representing the interests of the clients in communications with the Federal Antimonopoly Service (FAS) and its regional branches.
- Antitrust audit and building antitrust compliance systems
- Having deals and other actions approved by the FAS and government commissions
- Supporting tender procedures, including government purchases (public procurement)
- Advising clients and representing their interests before antitrust inspectorates; organizing training events
- Representing the interests of clients before the FAS or/and its regional branches, as well as in courts, during disputes with antitrust government bodies and on private law suits connected with violations of anti-trust law, and during appeals against the outcome of tenders
Lawyers in DS Law’s Commercial Practice provide effective legal support for businesses of any size in their interaction with counterparties in Russia and abroad. The strengths of DS Law are our many years of experience, and our broad legal and industry expertise, which make it possible for us to offer integrated solutions based on industry specifics.
- Developing effective structures of communication with counterparties
- Preparing documentation for commercial contracts based on industry specifics, including supply contracts (even foreign ones), contractor’s agreements, agency agreements and joint-venture agreements.
- Assessing commercial agreements in terms of whether they are in line with the law, are viable and offer the best possible protection of a client’s interests
- Ongoing legal support
Our Labor Law practice is focused on optimizing the labor resources of the business, minimizing risks, and developing and implementing the most effective regulatory mechanisms of labor relations with employees of any levels
- Labor and pensions aspects during M&A
- Share option plans for employees
- Restructuring labor relations, downsizing
- Resolving labor disputes both in and out of court
- Support during audits by state authorities
- Outstaffing matters
- Hiring nationals of other countries
- Labor protection, financial liability of employees
- Protection of confidential information; processing and protection of personal data
DS Law provides effective services in capital markets, including transactions with securities, and legal support for the placement of securities. DS Law was the first law firm included by the Central Bank of Russia in the register of entities representing bondholders.
- Structuring deals with securities
- Supporting an additional issue of securities, and procedures involving a mandatory buyout of shares
- Acting as a corporate secretary
- Carrying out legal due diligence for transactions with securities
- Advice of disclosure matters
- Restructuring bond loans
- Legal representation in disputes with securities
- Representing bondholders